Thursday 18 June 2015

Grade 3s Investigate First Nation's Daily Lives

Our first year end article comes from Hayley and Amanda.

As we know The First Nations were a huge part of our history. Today we thought we’d interview some of the grade three students who had the opportunity to do a project about The First Nations. The Grade 3s in Mrs. Roberts constructed dioramas portraying a scene of what life was like for The First Nations in Canada for their Social Studies class. Here are the questions we asked:
  • “Did you enjoy doing the project?”
  • “What did you learn from it?”
  • “What was your favourite part?”

J. answered, “Yes, I liked the project. I learnt how The First Nations built stuff and did everything on their own with no help. My favourite part about the project was learning about The First Nations.”
R. answered, “Yes, I liked the project. I learnt how The First Nations made their own clothes and blankets. My favourite part was making the actual project.”
C. answered, “Yes, I liked the project. I learnt that The First Nations use the river to wash clothes and they hunt mostly buffalo and they grow their own crops. My favourite part of the project was doing the clay part with all of the objects.”
As you can see these three students really enjoyed learning about the First Nations and  their daily life. The class did an excellent job with their dioramas.

No comments:

Post a Comment